A Water Restoration Technician is responsible for the fast response to emergency water damage claims and other restoration-related activities and must be reliable. Open availability required, including after hours, weekends and holiday on call schedule.
Employment contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment background check, drug screen, driving abstract, and physical abilities test.
Scope of Work:
· Provide excellent customer service. Discuss projects and document everything needed for the insurance adjusters and customer (residential and commercial).
· Scope and inspect various mitigation damages such as water, fire, mold, wind damage to building and roofing materials, and bio-cleanups if necessary.
· Maintain fleet and equipment with routine maintenance schedules.
· Operate mitigation machinery (Including but not limited to; extraction machine, mop up pump, dehumidifiers, all other industry mitigation equipment).
· Operate carpentry tools (Including, but not limited to; hand tools, power tools, ladders, paint sprayer).
· Remove affected building materials from job site (Including carpets, carpet pads, drywall, insulation, framing, flooring, tile.
· Perform the applied structural drying per the IICRC standards and moisture mapping and documentation for water damage claims.
· Physically able to work in PPE including respiratory protection.
· Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs. consecutively.
· Competitive compensation (entry level positions can average $3,200/mo)
· Paid time off: sick, holiday, and vacation
· Medical and dental benefits
· Employee-paid disability insurance
· Flexible spending account
· Company matched 401(k)
· Opportunity for overtime
· At least 18 years old
· Comfortable with the use of mobile devices/computers
· Good work attitude and customer service skills
· Flexible working schedule for on-call rotation to include nights and weekends as needed
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· Ability to work in confined spaces
· A valid Washington State driver license and a good driving record
· A clean drug screen and background check with no felony convictions
· IICRC certified (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification)
· Experience with Xactimate estimating software
· Experience in the construction, restoration, or property insurance industry